POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fit view parameters to real picture : Re: Fit view parameters to real picture + Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fit view parameters to real picture +
From: Robert J Becraft
Date: 17 Jan 2001 21:25:42
Message: <3a665426@news.povray.org>
I would assume that if you took measurements from the real-life subject of
your picture and then composed a render using measurements from the
real-life world to create the objects you wished to add to your picture, you
could have things line up very well throughout.  You then need to place your
imagemapped photo in the right spot in the rendered world.

On another note:
I'm working on a render where I'm creating a space using real
measurements... a perspective so to speak, however, to get the image objects
to look like the photograph, I had to double the width between the objects.
Height-wise and depth-wise, everything else matches up.  I've not found any
solution for this phenomenae yet.  The question to POV'ers is is there a
phenomenae when photographing that would make objects close to the
photographer appear wider than objects further away?  In my render, I have
two parralel walls that when placed the correct distance appart do not match
the same two objects in a photograph of a real space, both in angle as well
as breath in the image.

news:3A6### [at] wxsnl...